Ice Skates Ornament

A quick share today of how I made this fun, easy ornament last week for an ornament swap. It utilizes one of Tim Holtz's newest Sizzix Alterations dies appropriately named Ice Skates.


Away we go…

The die cuts two big skates, each measuring 3 1/2 inches tall. I cut them from the blue side of some of Tim's "Holidays Past" paper stash.



I cut another set of skates from white chipboard and spread Glossy Accents across the blades, then sprinkled them with Stickles Dry Fine Glitter in Stardust.



I cut away the blades from the blue skates, then inked the edges of the boots with Broken China Distress ink.



On each boot, I applied some rub-ons from Tim's Christmastime Remnant Rubs.



Once the glittered blades were dry, I adhered the blue boots over the white.



I laced up the boots with this fuzzy white fiber string I had in my stash. To make this step easier, I first pierced the openings in the boots a little larger with my piercing tool, then used a thick needle to pull the string through.



For a finishing touch, I adhered a few of Tim's mirrored stars and some tinsel twine across the top of each boot, then attached a piece of white wire to hang it from my tree.



Very fun and quite easy to make.


Are you making any handmade ornaments this year? I'd love to hear about it.




Comments

  1. really nice idea.....thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love how you used the blue paper for the boot part of the skates!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com