Cards & More Projects for April

Close To My Heart's new paper pack called "Later Sk8r" (no that's not a typo) is perfect for manly projects. With prints like plaids, gears, and rough & tumble words, it's great for guys of all ages. This month, my Cards & More Club will be making two cards and a fun gift box just big enough to hold a gift card or wad of cash.

Each project is embellished with the new Green & Blue Epoxy bubbles as you'll see in the close-ups.



This first card measures 5 x 7 inches and showcases the April Stamp of the Month "My Sunshine." You can view all the details about this card from my earlier post here. And while you're there you can hop through the Stamp of the Month Blog Hop to see over 60 consultants' inspiring designs.



The next card measures 3 1/2 x 8 inches and was inspired by the card sketch below. I grabbed this sketch online and can't for the life of me remember where I got it. I just liked it.





Green epoxy bubbles add a fun accent to the pennant banner.



The cut-out gears are from the Cricut Artiste cartridge. The metallic ones were first cut from card stock, then embossed with silver embossing powder. To get that textured rusty metal look, I overheated the powder with my embossing gun until bubbles started to form. Then I grabbed a few Copic markers (Y28 Lionet Gold, W-7 Warm Gray, and E35 Chamois) to color over the silver to create a variegated metal look. All the stamping on this card is from the "Pure Adventure" stamp set.



This little matchbox is also a cut from the Cricut Artiste cartridge. I've embellished it with buttons, the epoxy bubbles, chipboard pieces and stamping. 



Here's how the box looks when cut on the Cricut and assembled. There are two parts: the box inside, which I cut from Lagoon card stock, and the sleeve which I cut from the plaid. These are on page 49 in the Artiste booklet, and I cut them at 3 3/4 inches.



I can't stop saying how much I love that Close To My Heart has created stamp sets to coordinate with their exclusive Cricut cartridges. Here I used the "Approved" stamp set and coordinating cut from page 47. I stamped black onto Kraft card stock, then cut a second rolodex card from Kraft to create a clever little envelope for a gift card.



I used 1/8 inch Scor-Tape around three sides and stuck the two rolodex card together.



I slipped a gift card inside and it fits nicely inside the matchbox. On the front of this little envelope you can write a message, add more stamping, write the amount of the gift card, etc.



To embellish the outside sleeve on the matchbox, I stamped a few images from the "Approved" set again onto Kraft cardstock, then cut a 4-inch piece off the zip strip from one of the Later Sk8r papers and adhered it to another strip of Cranberry cardstock. The scored end of this strip will wrap around the sleeve so that the box inside can only be removed in one direction.



Scor-tape goes on these areas where it will actually touch the sleeve around the box.



See how it wraps around on the left edge but not on the right? 



I think there's enough room inside the box for a favorite piece of chocolate too. This box would be great not only for Dad, but for a boy's birthday, a grad, or a favorite male teacher at the end of the school year.


Thanks for stopping by today. Let me know how you liked the projects and if you've used any of these products yourself. Have a great day!

Comments

  1. Love the assortment of your projects! Great stuff! Thank you for all of the pictures as a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects, smart and funky, and beautifully made, as ever!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com