October Stamp of the Month

Hi bloggers! Happy Monday to you. I wish I could say it's happy here, but I'm working on getting through Day 2 of the flu right now. I am itching to create so badly, but I just don't have the strength to sit at the computer or my work table very long. Stinkin' flu... go away. You're getting in my way.

I was away last week on my Tim Holtz cruise during this month's Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month Blog Hop, so I thought I'd take today to catch up and show my creations with this wonderful "Holiday Magic" stamp set. You can view all the images in this great set in the righthand column of my blog.

For my creations I focused on the stocking and the tree. Here are two simple treat holders for the holidays.





Let's start with the stocking.


As I looked at the Stamp of the Month, I wondered if possibly the new Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge's stocking shape was compatible to the stocking stamp image and to my delight it was! So I cut from Colonial White card stock a bunch of stockings at 3 1/2 inches on the Cricut. Then I cut the same number out of Chocolate card stock at 4 inches. I stamped the Colonial White with Cranberry for the top part and Twilight blue for the stocking portion.




Of course, they don't nest perfectly this way, so I had to make some minor adjustments. (As I understand it, though, if you have the Design Studio software you can stretch and adjust so that it will work for you.) I don't have that software, so I made some minor cuts with scissors. First I cut off the top of the Chocolate stocking.




I glued the top of the stocking back on from the back side, moving it down a bit so that it showed an even border of Chocolate card stock around my Colonial White one.





This picture doesn't show the Chocolate topper piece, sorry, but it does show the final step and that is to round off the toe area of the Chocolate piece.




There we go. I didn't have to trim anything else and it worked out nicely.




Next I created a long skinny pocket-style box to sandwich between two stockings to hold the treats, which you'll see in the next photo. Above are the cutting and scoring measures. I used Colonial White for my demo, but I would suggest using Chocolate card stock so it matches everything.




When assembling this box, I like to put the treats inside first to make sure they fit well and the box isn't too tight. I put a Starbucks Via Coffee pack and a Merci chocolate treat inside. Perfect for this! I used Scor-Tape as my adhesive because it's super strong and sticky.




I stuck the box down to the first stocking piece then added Scor-Tape to the other side of the box to sandwich the other stocking.




I added a small piece of Cranberry ribbon to the inside left of the long box to serve as a hanger. Then I finished it off with some CTMH Glitz Red Glitter Gel on all the snowflakes. 



Next I used one of the Christmas tree images from this stamp set and stamped it four times using New England Ivy ink on Sweet Leaf card stock.


You'll notice I turned the stamp set upside down for this. No big deal that the music notes are upside down. I'm fine with it. Make sure you stamp four and not three like in my picture. I cut out all four leaving side flaps on two of them.




I scored the two with the side flaps and folded them in. Then adhered all four together, alternating the ones with flaps and the ones without. Make sense? The side flaps serve as glueing points.




I added a tiny red jingle bell from my stash using some thick waxy flax with a knot to hold it from the inside, and glued some ric-rac around the top and sheer Cranberry ribbon at the top and bottom. These would look cute on a small Christmas tree filled with goodies.

Thanks for stopping by today. Now I'll go back to bed with my iPad and look back to the Blog Hop from last week and check out what everyone else did with this stamp set. If you haven't done so yourself, start here at Helen's blog and hop through.


Have a great day. I hope to be feeling a little better tomorrow. Much to do this week!



Comments

  1. Annette:
    I cannot wait to use your ideas to decorate my tree. I like the stocking, so cute. And I LOVE the basket/cone.
    I may try the stocking idea modified for a gift card...just a thought.
    Great job!
    love your blog,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you have the flu when you just got a flu shot?? That stinks!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better quickly! Thanks for sharing not only your great ideas but tutorials too! I am totally going to make one of those tree gift holders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annette, You are so creative!! I just love your treat holders made with this stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com