Graphic 45 meets Tim Holtz Halloween

There are a precious few days in my monthly schedule where I can just create for fun. Where I don't have to focus on creating for a class. I can take an entire day to slowly create and play. Sometimes it doesn't always turn out so great, but at least I'm thoroughly enjoying the process.

This card is a perfect example of just this. I know it's all over the place, design-wise, but I had fun with it nonetheless. Just using great products like these gives me such pleasure!



Graphic 45's "The Magic of Oz" papers, Cosmo Cricut's "Circa 1934" paper and Tim Holtz stamps and dies, Jolee's Boutique stickers, plus Close To My Heart's embellishments all came together for a fun and delightfully dark Halloween card.




I snatched up these Jolee's Boutique Skull Cameo metal embellishments as soon as I saw them. Twelve in a pack with four different designs.




The two rosettes come from Tim Holtz Mini Paper Rosette's Alterations die. This great pin embellishment is from Close To My Heart's new Foundry Pin Clips. I tied some Cranberry Waxy Flax around it for some color.




Gotta love this witch from Tim's Mini Halloween2 stamp set. I used Glossy cardstock, three shades of green alcohol inks on a felt applicator to puddle the colors, stamped the witch with archival black over the green, then cut her out.




The inside is stamped with black using Close To My Heart's August stamp of the month "Wicked" phrase. I grunged up the paper with Vintage Photo, Wild Honey and Black.


Although my design is all over the place, the key is that I enjoyed every second of creating this card. I encounter so many people in my classes and workshops who fret over every detail, every measure, and the perfection of everything.

Nonsense! Just enjoy the process, I say.

Comments

  1. I think it is a spookily special collage card......adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv your card Annette. Can't wait to see THE MAIN MAN HIMSELF!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the use of the rosette's and that witch face from Tim's stamp collection just makes the card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com