Hybrid scrapbooking may be the perfect fit

Many of us scrapbookers became scrapbookers in the first place because we love crafting. The adhesive, the flowers, ribbon, buttons, die cuts... It's all so much fun to play with and layer up! It's a tactile thing. It's all about creating something with your hands.

So I totally get the resistance to digital scrapbooking.

Although hybrid scrapbooking isn't a new concept, it is fairly new to me, and I have discovered that this might just be the answer to getting my pages done a little faster.

Hybrid scrapbooking is combining digital and traditional scrapbooking.

Because I am a Close To My Heart consultant, of course I started with Studio J, our exclusive online scrapbooking program. Online means just that: you go to my CTMH website, log in, and start creating. No software to purchase or download. Super easy. And once you're in there, WOW, you won't believe all the options you have. And no, you don't pay ala carte for embellishments or ANYTHING. You pay for your layout when it's done. (More details to come on that soon.)

For now, I just wanted to focus on the hybrid approach. Here are my three different Studio J layouts and below each is a photo of the layout when embellishments and journaling were added. (be sure to click on the layouts to get a more detailed look.)











I could have easily done the journaling and the titles and everything digitally, but the point here is I didn't want to. I purposely kept the digital layout fairly simple, got the prints and then added some dimension myself. When people flip through my scrapbook, they can't tell what's digital and what's not. And the pages came together in a snap!

Here are a few close-ups of the added embellishments. Photography isn't that great due to the page protector, but I think you'll get the idea.



I still got to use my stamps, punches, brads and flowers...




...and buttons and foam tape to pop up elements...




...and ribbon that fits the theme of my layout...




...and chipboard, ink and daubers...




...and I can still make interactive items by cutting through the page protector and the layout...




...plus I really prefer to hand journal most of my layouts. It gives a far more personal touch. I even wrote right on the printed layout with a black Sharpie fine point pen. Worked nicely.


More on Studio J in the days to come, so stay tuned. 

Meanwhile, thanks for stopping by today. 

Enjoy your week!




Comments

  1. Wow, these look great. I may just have to break down and try hybrid scrapbooking myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such awesome work! I love your blog, I have some blog awards for you if you'd like them.

    http://4goofballs.blogspot.com/2011/05/overdue-blog-award-thank-yous.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com