Quick St. Patrick's Day card


I almost forgot to make my friend Ellen a St. Patrick's Day card and I was in a bit of a hurry today so I used what I had on hand. (Lord knows I've got enough on hand.)

If you're in a pinch and need to make a card quickly for someone for St. Patricks' Day, here's an idea. Don't run out to the store and buy special paper. Just create your own pattern paper with stamps.

Here's the simple and fun card I made...


The Pear green paper with the white polka-dots is from Close To My Heart's Sophia paper pack. Using the "In the Month of March" stamp set, I stamped the small shamrocks in between the white dots using Pear ink. And then in the dots, I used some Lime Green Stickles for some bling. (You may have to click on the photo to see that more close up.)

The orange paper with the small dots I originally pulled from my stash because the back side is also Pear green, but when I flipped it over to put tape runner down, I thought how nicely the orange color contrasted with the polka-dot Pear paper. I punched the border edge with my Stampin' Up punch, and then added some Colonial White ric-rac and some Sweet Leaf grosgrain ribbon. I finished things off with a little more bling by adding the sparkly green brads. One large one on the ribbon knot and a smaller one in the stamped shamrock in the circle. Those brads came from CTMH but are now retired.

Did you know that Close To My Heart has a new 2-inch scalloped circle punch? AND we now carry Kraft cardstock! I love both of these new items.

Gotta run, just got a phone call from hubby that he wants to meet for lunch. Can't say no to that!

Thanks, and have a great day.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com