Halloween Decor


The in-laws are settled into their new place and are adjusting nicely. Better than we expected, so we are happy. It's been a very busy few days. So busy, that we completely forgot we had tickets to see the local production of Sweeney Todd. I was so bummed when I saw those tickets sitting on the counter at 10:30 p.m. that night. We were supposed to go to the 7:30 show and simply forgot. I couldn't believe it!

Needless to say I didn't have any time to create this weekend, but I have my Mondays back so be sure to stay tuned for something new and fun tomorrow morning first thing.

Meanwhile, I snapped a few photos of my Halloween decorations in the foyer. I have decorations here and there all around the house, but I concentrate most of it in the foyer where people first enter and trick-or-treaters will see.


At one point in my life, I was more of fabric crafter and loved to make whimsical stuffed things like the goofy pumpkin above. He's got long dangly legs and arms and these huge puffy lips. I made these and sold them at craft fairs. 

I love quilting and sewing, and for several years had my own line of handmade baby items under the name "Nettie's Blankets." My line included double-sided flannel blankets, matching bibs, and burp cloths. One of my most popular items was my whimsical fleece hats, fashioned with fun pom-poms, some in the style of a jester. Super cute on babies. My tooth-fairy bears were inspired by Martha Stewart and were also very popular. 


I'm not usually a knick-knack type of girl, but I do love my Jim Shore pieces! This wonderful pumpkin headed guy is one of my favorites. And even though I'm not a fan of cats, this fat guy in the background sitting on a tombstone with a pickety fence around him was irresistible. 

Some day I know I will return to my fabric crafting days. Perhaps a long way down the road when I have some grand-babies. 

Please let it be a LONG way down the road...



Comments

  1. What a cute set up! I love the Jim Shore pumpkin! And yours is very fun. So sorry about your missed play! What a bummer. You'll have to craft more to cheer yourself up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com