Sweet Summer!



There was a time when I would almost dread the summer time. Can you believe it? Well, for one thing, it gets so stinkin' hot here, but that's a given. But no, it was actually the dread of trying to figure out how to keep my little girl busy and happy all summer long. As an only child, she needs my help. But as she's grown older and found many interests and made many friends, and acquired many Wii games (and books too, I'm not that bad!) she has become more self-sufficient. And with her growth, our friendship grows as well, so she is extremely fun to be around (most of the time; she is a pre-teen after all so let's be honest here.) Today was a good day: After she got out of summer camp, we hit Target, ate lunch, and giggled about things in the car all the way there and home. And score her some big points, she surprised me this morning and made our king-size bed while I was in the shower. I almost passed out! Many hugs for that one, baby.

So Summer not only conjures up memories, but many other things like FRUIT! All those yummy, colorful fruits: cherries and pineapples, lemons for lemonade, and strawberries for homemade smoothies. We love our fruit around here. And I love Close To My Heart's new stamp sets for the summer season. Check out this little take-out box...


I used a Sizzix die for the box and You're Sweet stamp set (B1351) for the fruit. (I'll be making a video on stamping fruits for a dimensional look next week, so watch for that.) I added the wide grosgrain ribbon to the box from the Tulip Ribbon Collection (Z1209) and those papers are from the Cherry-O paper pack (X7123B). My current favorite! I plan on filling this up with bright colored hard candies with yummy fruity flavors.




Comments

  1. I loved making this treat box as part of Cards and More !! I love those little fruits. Can't wait to get the Workshop on the Go using that yummy Cherry-O set !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annette- I just caught up on your blog, wow have you been busy! Everything looks great. Congrats to Jamie and to you and Paul on 18 years! That was a wonderful tribute to your Mom on Mothers day. You are blessed to have such a great "role model" for your life as a mother. Can't wait to see the results of the contest. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little take-out box! I might have to come look at your samples to put mine together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com