Mini Mojo Surprise


While I was shopping at the Scrappy Boutique recently, I picked up a great Sizzix die I've never seen before. It's called "Box, Business Card" and it is recommended to use board thicknesses of at least .035" to .05" for best results.

Intriguing...

Ideas immediately starting pinging around in my head, so I bought it and tried it out right away. It makes this cute little purse-like box and includes a little flower and handle strip in the die. (You'll see the photo later on in this post.)

Anyway, once I made the box, I thought "What now?" So I printed out today's Mojo Monday Blog Sketch and started in on a miniature card to fit into the box. A gift card fits perfectly inside the card itself, which also fits nicely into the box. It was kinda fun to make a teeny little card. Never done that before.

Here's the sketch (above) and then my card. Be sure to check out the other photos to see how the box turned out.




All papers, ribbon and stamps are from Close To My Heart. The box stays closed by affixing two thin craft magnets. One to the underside of the purse flap and the other is inside the box. For the board, I chose a pad of Strathmore Linen Canvas Acrylic Paper. 246 lb. It's nice and thick and the linen finish is also nice if you decide not to cover it with patterned paper like I did.

Comments

  1. AWESOME! A little teeny baaaaby card! Super cute. And a box to boot!!!
    Soooo excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea never seen anything like it you are insperational!!I have now joined your blog my blog is wwwcrazycrafter.blogspot.com please feel free to take a look

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card.. its beautiful... the little bag are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute wrapper for a gift card !

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, this is so cute..I luv it!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! this is so cute! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the cutest idea ever! How fun... thanks for sharing! Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com